Kirwan Surgical’s bipolar pencils are manufactured in a variety of styles and wire gauges. The solid single-piece construction eliminates potential fluid seepage that could result in product failure. The seamless design provides electrical insulation to the internal components.
- The main feature is the insulated wire and sleeve that form the patented coaxial harness assembly extending from the rear pins and continuing to the distal tip.
- The single-piece design allows the pencil to be injection molded with low cost disposable materials.
- The area of coagulation is restricted to the space between the two elements permitting discrete coagulation without excessive damage to peripheral tissue structures.
- The exterior surface features a knurled finish that provides a non-slip grip.
- An indicator is located at 12:00 on the front end and confirms orientation of the tip.